Highly effective at deterring a wide array of insects including mosquitoes and ticks, Sawyer’s 20% Picaridin insect repellent is more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET. Safe for use on the whole family, the non-greasy Picaridin offers all day protection and won’t damage plastics or synthetic coatings.
An effective alternative to DEET that’s great for the whole family, Sawyer Picaridin is also safe for use during pregnancy. It’s considered to be the repellent of first choice by the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Canadian Advisory Committee on Tropical Medicine and Travel for travelers 6 months to 12 years of age.
Reviewed by Consumer Reports as our “Fisherman’s Formula” (February 2016), Sawyer Picaridin is effective against the Yellow Fever Mosquito, which can transmit the Zika Virus.
Sawyer Picaridin is available in a variety of sizes including our 6 ounce continuous spray and lotions ranging in size from convenient 4 ounce bottles to 1 quart and 1 gallon size dispensing jugs.
How It Works
Up to 12 Hours of Protection
Derived from Piperine in pepper plants, Sawyer Picaridin is a synthetic replica of a natural solution that has proved to be a very potent formula on mosquitoes, ticks, and flies while still being family friendly, gear safe, and very comfortable to wear on your skin.
Picaridin spray is effective for up to 12 hours against mosquitoes and ticks, while the lotion is effective for up to 14 hours. Both provide up to 8 hours of protection against biting flies, gnats, chiggers, and sand flies.
The non-greasy spray and lotion have a pleasant low odor that evaporates when dry and won’t damage plastics or synthetic coatings. Picaridin is safe for use on clothing, backpacks, synthetic fabrics, watches, sunglasses, and more.
1. Better at repelling flies. Picaridin repels biting flies, stable flies, black flies, gnats, chiggers, and sand flies for up to 8 hours.
2. Won't harm gear. Picaridin is safe to use on synthetic clothing, and it won't damage plastics like liquid DEET.
3. Effective on ticks. Picaridin is effective against ticks, including those who can transmit Lyme Disease, Powwasan, SFTS, Anaplasmosis and Ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Babesiosis, and Tularemia.
- Picaridin is more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET
- Our 20% Picaridin is virtually odorless after drying
- Sawyer Picaridin Repellent will not harm gear or equipment
- Effective for up to 14 hours (lotion) or 12 hours (Spray)
- Use with confidence on the whole family
|SP576||Continuous Spray||6 oz|