A compromise between a classic mountaineering ice axe and an ice climbing axe, the SUMu2019TEC is a versatile, lightweight, technical ice axe. It is easy to use in piolet-canne mode with its stainless steel spike and its slightly curved shaft. In piolet-traction, the ALPIX pick (forged into banana shape) and the new TRIGREST hand rest (adjustable without tools) ensure the efficiency required for technical passages, as well as bergschrunds, ice gullies... Available in adze or hammer versions.
- Lightweight technical ice axe, effective in piolet-traction or piolet-canne mode.
- New version of the TRIGREST allows multiple hand grip possibilities, thanks to the simple, tool-free manual adjustment system.
- The thin ALPIX pick (3.5 mm) is designed for effective penetration into ice. It is quickly and securely replaced with a unique screw lock system.
- Stainless steel spike ensures excellent grip on rock.
- Lightly curved handle protects the hand when climbing.
- Available in adze or hammer versions:
- SUMu2019TEC adze version for efficient cleaning of snow and ice. Available in 52 and 59 cm shaft lengths.
- SUMu2019TEC hammer version for easy piton placement. Hammer is now lighter and features keys for tightening bolts of 8 to 10 mm. Available only in 52 cm
- Wide oval holes in the head and in the spike to facilitate clipping a carabiner.
Pick type: 1
Shaft type: 2
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
|Part #||Length||Qty In Stock|