Designed for classic mountaineering, the SUMMIT EVO ice axe is the tool of choice for all types of alpine trips. Lightweight and with a waterjet-formed tube, it offers a very comfortable grip under the head of the axe. The technical design of the curved shaft provides the necessary clearance on steep, icy terrain. The forged and well-balanced head provides very good anchoring qualities. The grip of the shaft makes it a precise and efficient ice axe.
- Lightweight ice axe, but with enough weight in the head for good anchoring power.
- Hydroformed handle for good grip at the curve, and a technical design:
- The upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing.
- The lower part is straighter and guarantees efficient penetration in snow.
- Head and pick in hot-forged steel, ensuring solid anchoring:
- Thin (3 mm) pick, durable and toothed at the tip, ensuring good anchoring quality in hard snow and ice.
- Pick is thicker in the middle to favor anchoring in soft snow.
- Teeth on upper part of pick strengthen the hold on the ice axe in piolet-rampe mode.
- Durable spike in stainless steel for very good penetration in hard snow and in piolet-canne mode.
- High strength and practical aspects:
- Very durable steel adze offers a comfortable support surface, and the design of the edges allows stairs to be carved efficiently.
- Tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage).
- Head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling.
- High-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent protection.
- Ice axe compatible with LINKIN leash.
Pick type: 1
Shaft type: 1
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Material(s): heat-treated steel, aluminum 7075, stainless heat-treated steel, TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane)
|U14B 052||U14B 059||U14B 066|
|Length||52 cm||59 cm||66 cm|
|Weight||400 g||420 g||450 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years|
|Part #||Length||Qty In Stock|