The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness.
- Three braking positions
- Two extra friction spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- Used with a carabiner with a cross-section of 12 mm (WILLIAM), it creates a rigid carabiner/descender unit that helps maintain noise discipline. The descender is used with rapid technique and is drop resistant.
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- Helps prevent the formation of a larku2019s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction
- Weight: 90 g
- Rope compatibility: for single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter