You've invested a lot of money in your boating rig; protect that investment by bringing along an NRS Z-Drag Kit. Everything you need for rescuing that pinned boat.
- With the Kit you can set up a 3:1 mechanical advantage Z-drag for magnifying your pulling effort.
- Z-Drag Kits include a 150' length of rope. Your choice of either 3/8" Sterling GrabLine NFPA Rescue Rope or 1/2" Sterling HTP Static Rope.
- Both kits include and all the carabiners, pulleys, tubular webbing and prusik cord needed for the setup. See Specs for the complete parts list.
- All the gear packs into the included 40L Red Purest Mesh Duffel Bag.
- We also include a copy of the Z-Drag Rescue Crib Sheet. It illustrates the 3:1 Z-drag, other mechanical advantage systems and the various rope knots used in rescue work.
- The Crib Sheet is a good reminder tool, but we recommend you take a river rescue class. There you'll not only get to practice the Z-drag, you'll also learn other skills for protecting yourself and your boating companions.
- These un-pin kits are designed for heavy boat extractions. They can certainly be used for rescuing smaller boats like kayaks, however for carrying with you in a kayak we've developed the Kayak Un-Pin Kit (Item # 45309.01.) Its compact components can easily be stowed in the boat or in your rescue life jacket.
- 3/8" Sterling NFPA Grabline Rope - 3282 pound strength
- 1/2" Sterling HTP Static Rope - 9081 pound strength
- 150' of Rope
- 3 - Omega Standard Locking D Carabiners
- 2 - SMC 2" Swiftwater Pulleys
- 2 - 15' pieces of Red 1" Tubular Webbing
- 1 - 10' piece of Yellow 1" Tubular Webbing
- 2 - 6' pieces of 6 mm Prusik Cord
- 1 - Z-Drag Rescue Crib Sheet
- 1 - NRS 40L Purest Mesh Duffel Bag