Astral YTV PFD
Certifications: USCG Type III PFD, USCG Type V PFD
The YTV is Astral's answer to a pure and simple life jacket showcasing the freestyle-inspired Torso Lock Foam Platform. The low-profile offers the ultimate mobility for a range of paddlers.
- Astral's Torso Lock Foam Platform keeps the jacket snug around your torso, as the rest of your body thrashes around.
- The YTV uses a combination of PE and Gaia foams for comfortable and earth-friendly flotation.
- Six adjustment points ensure a custom fit for a wide range of paddlers.
- Two generous zippered front, side pockets, as well as a knife slip pocket provide plenty of handy storage.
- The quick access lash tab keeps your knife close and ready to disengage at a second's notice.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Since the YTV has a pullover entry, the US Coast Guard classifies it as a Type V jacket. Type V is their "special use" category and pullovers are lumped in there. Here's what it says on the jacket: "This is a Type V PFD because it has restricted approval allowing it to be used as a Type III PFD only when worn. This device must be worn at all times in order to meet the U.S. Coast Guard regulations requiring PFDs to be carried."
|US Coast Guard Type:||Type III (when worn), Type V otherwise|
|Design Flotation:||16.0 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||200 x 400-denier ripstop nylon|
2 - Side
1 - Front
2 - Side
2 - Shoulder
2 - Waist
PE and Gaia foams
US Coast Guard Certification
|Part #||Size||Color||Qty In Stock|