Outside Sale Rep
Location: Mid-Atlantic States
We set out to establish the best one-stop shop for rescue teams and their equipment needs. Our focus is dive, marine, rope and water rescue equipment. We have aggregated the industry’s best products from: Aqualung Military, Force 6, Extra Sport, NRS, Mustang Survival, Petzl, Rock Exotica, CMC, PMI rope, Black Diamond, Yates, Petzl, Stearns, Five Ten, and many others. After only two years we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the rescue industry. We are in a sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization everyday. We love it here at RescueGear and believe you will, too.
Outside Sales Rep - You are the pro that our rescue teams rely on to answer all things including dive, marine, water and rope rescue. You will be recommending products and gear for specific missions. You are the main contact for quotes and purchases and will be the liaison between accounts and vendors.
- Create loyalty by consistently delivering outstanding customer service.
- Recruit new business and sell RescueGear products directly to rescue teams, establishing a one-stop shop for their equipment needs within territory.
- Product Knowledge – must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of all RescueGear product lines and be able to promptly relay that information to customers.
- Maintain regular & effective communication with accounts while building new relationships within the territory.
- Reach annual sales goals and manage promotional and T&E budgets.
- Leverage relationships to drive sales with other teams inside larger departments (ie. Dive, Marine, Rope & Water Rescue) to outfit all departments with RescueGear products & services.
- Adhere to protocols for various city and state purchases.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an acute listener.
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries & connect with teams in a warm and upbeat manner.
- Effectively present information and swiftly respond to questions from rescue teams.
- Successfully influence decisions and outcomes both internally and externally that support business decisions, while maintaining strong and productive relationships.
- Travel frequently via car for sales calls and demos within a two-three state area. Occasional overnight car and air travel is required for sales calls, meetings and trade shows.
- Quote and take orders for products.
- Monitor inventory for availability and backorders.
- Continually improve the content and scope of the available resources for customer needs including the website & printed materials.
- Work independently and act as a key member of a small team.
- Be able to prioritize activities that have the highest impact.
- Work at a above-average pace.
- Have a basic understanding of discounts, proportions, percentages and ratios.
- 6 years LE/EMS/Fire service preferred, Flexible shift ,i.e. 24/48
- Prefer Minimum of 2 years of Special Operations experience
- Prefer Certifications in Spec Ops and active on Teams (rope and water)
- High School Diploma
- Proficient computer skills – Excel, Word, web browsers
E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org